Sunday, April 24, 2016

"If I could be anything other than human, I'd be the water in your bath..."

For those that know me, you already know this. Others, maybe not. I have been a fan of Prince's art since I can remember... I love his music, his movies, his attitude, etc.
And now he's gone.
I never really wanted to meet him in person, I'd like to keep my idea of what he's like intact. But still... he's gone.
He taught us that men didn't have to be all macho and butch to be sexy, that anyone can be sexy, and that it's a good idea to always be true to one's self. Oh, and we can't forget his song about being vegan.
That's right.
VEGAN.
"No member of the Animal Kingdom nurses past maturity"
You can't get any more true than that!
The song is called Animal Kingdom, by the way. He even gifted it to PETA.
So not only have we lost one of the brightest lights in our lifetime, a true artistic genius, but one of our own kind... a fellow vegan.
There was this one lady on Facebook commenting on all the responses to vegan posts asking if he was really vegan... saying he wasn't, isn't true, etc. I blocked her right off the bat. Don't need that kind of negativity in my life.
No one does.


Anyway, he's gone and I still don't really believe it. Maybe next weekend I will be ready for the music and movie binging. Under the Cherry Moon is my fave movie, after all...

Below is a pic I know many of us relate to, and love.

My heart goes out to you all, and I feel the love that's headed towards me.



No comments:

Post a Comment