Monday, July 19, 2010

My Etsy Shop

For some time now I've been posting hand made items (mostly jewelry) for sale online at my Etsy shop Decadent Designs by Rogue Decadence. For the past couple of months I have been considering moving my shop, but still staying with Etsy.  If the move is made, I'll be sure to post the info.
"What is an Etsy?" you ask.... actually it's www.etsy.com. It's an amazing site were people sell handmade items, vintage items, or supplies only. That's right.  No thousands of mislabeled items to go through like on some shopping sites, and I've always had a great response from the makers of things whenever I have a question no matter what that question is.
Sadly, since I had to move I haven't taken the chance to make anything new, let alone update any posts. About a month ago I had to move back in with my mother (insert repetitive blame on the economy here) but I will leave that story for another blog.  I will say that I am helping my mother work on cleaning up and clearing out her home. She's an almost recovered packrat/horder and has never been much for keeping the home really really clean. Some stuff may look ok on the surface... but yeah...
Anyway, only having the use of one room has limited any workspace I might need for beading... plus a lot of stuff got mixed up and spilt around in the move.  Gotta love seed beads... except in that situation.
But please, take a look at my Etsy shop and see what you guys think. I'm not sure exactly when, but the revamp of it will happen soon.
One thing I have accomplished is starting to go through some things in this house that have been around for way too long, and no one should keep any housecleaners/dog meds/etc for 20 plus years.  For those that don't know, I've done lots of work as a professional organizer and am working towards adding environmental consultant in with that... and it is definitely coming in handy at this house. I even took some "before" pics of the laundry room (the first organizing project room in this house I want to tackle).  A few more yardsales, some freecycle postings and donations here and there, maybe even an eBay/Craigslist posting here and there... and things will be much better. This clutter must be gone.... but, again... that's another blog.
What are you doing still reading this?  Go check out my Etsy shop, see what you guys think... and don't worry... my next blog will be coming soon! Seriously trying to get into the habit of posting daily, hoping that it will help me keep up with my plans...feel free to send me reminders!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment